Specialties & Topics
- Arthritis/Rheumatic Disease
- Breast Cancer
- GERD/Peptic Ulcers
December 17th, 2010
Podcast 111: A look back on the year’s most clinically important developments.
(14 votes, average: 4.50 out of 5)
Dr. Danielle Scheurer and Joe Elia have a free-form discussion on what’s happened over the past year.
Links to those stories (and, sometimes, interviews) are attached here.
If you’d like to suggest another, or comment on our selection, drop us a note in the comments field.
Discussion-related links (they are all free links):
- Screening for lung cancer with low-dose CT (National Cancer Institute announcement)
- Clinical Conversations interview with a principal investigator on the lung-cancer screening trial
- Annals of Internal Medicine study warning against false-positive findings with CT screening
- Emphasizing chest compressions in CPR (Physician’s First Watch summary)
- Guidelines for clinicians performing CPR (from Circulation)
- Disparate views on PCI’s benefits between patients and their physicians — after informed consent
- U.S. lags behind other developed countries in health measures (Commonwealth Fund report summary)
- National Healthcare Quality Report 2009
Categories: 2010, Annual review, Audio, Uncategorized, Year's top medical stories
Tags: affordable care act, antiplatelet therapy, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, CPR, dabigatran, Informed consent, lung cancer screening, national health, PPI, proton pump inhibitors, Rivaroxaban
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
About the Podcast
To have your comment included in a future podcast, call 617-440-4374. Please leave your name, number, and the podcast ID number.
- Podcast 126: Placebos and Medical ‘Meaning’ (4)
- Podcast 199: Rethinking what medical journals do (3)
- Podcast 149: High levels of white rice consumption seem linked to higher risks for type 2 diabetes (3)
- Podcast 111: A look back on the year’s most clinically important developments. (3)
- Podcast 186: Stop supplementing calcium! (3)
- Physician Nonadherence to Breast Cancer Screening Guidelines
- In-Person Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy vs. Automated Interactive Voice-Response CBT for Chronic Back Pain
- What Interval Between a Positive Fecal Immunochemical Test and Follow-Up Colonoscopy Is Safe? (FREE)
- Are End-of-Rotation Resident Transitions of Care Dangerous?
- Moderate Alcohol Drinkers Experience Fewer Adverse Cardiovascular Outcomes
Physician's First WatchToday's breaking medical news
- 2009 H1N1 acute coronary syndromes antidepressants aspirin asthma breast cancer cancer risk cardiovascular disease Cardiovascular risk clopidogrel COPD coronary heart disease dabigatran dementia depression diabetes Diabetes type 2 diet Elderly Emergency medicine falls FDA glucose guidelines H1N1 Heart failure hemoglobin A1c hypertension influenza pain Patient care patients PPI pregnancy Prostate cancer proton pump inhibitors PSA risk rosiglitazone screening smoking stents stroke vaccination warfarin