Specialties & Topics
- Arthritis/Rheumatic Disease
- Breast Cancer
- GERD/Peptic Ulcers
December 17th, 2010
Podcast 111: A look back on the year’s most clinically important developments.
(14 votes, average: 4.50 out of 5)
Dr. Danielle Scheurer and Joe Elia have a free-form discussion on what’s happened over the past year.
Links to those stories (and, sometimes, interviews) are attached here.
If you’d like to suggest another, or comment on our selection, drop us a note in the comments field.
Discussion-related links (they are all free links):
- Screening for lung cancer with low-dose CT (National Cancer Institute announcement)
- Clinical Conversations interview with a principal investigator on the lung-cancer screening trial
- Annals of Internal Medicine study warning against false-positive findings with CT screening
- Emphasizing chest compressions in CPR (Physician’s First Watch summary)
- Guidelines for clinicians performing CPR (from Circulation)
- Disparate views on PCI’s benefits between patients and their physicians — after informed consent
- U.S. lags behind other developed countries in health measures (Commonwealth Fund report summary)
- National Healthcare Quality Report 2009
Categories: 2010, Annual review, Audio, Uncategorized, Year's top medical stories
Tags: affordable care act, antiplatelet therapy, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, CPR, dabigatran, Informed consent, lung cancer screening, national health, PPI, proton pump inhibitors, Rivaroxaban
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
About the Podcast
To have your comment included in a future podcast, call 617-440-4374. Please leave your name, number, and the podcast ID number.
- Podcast 186: Stop supplementing calcium!
- Podcast 184: Ruling out pulmonary embolism in primary care
- Podcast 185: A Spirited Discussion on Medicare’s ‘Doc Fix’ Fix for Reimbursement
- Podcast 182: Dietary fat studies meta-analyzed — trans fat still a bad bet
- Podcast 183: An Obesity ‘Switch’ in the Genome Described
- Podcast 126: Placebos and Medical ‘Meaning’ (4)
- Podcast 149: High levels of white rice consumption seem linked to higher risks for type 2 diabetes (3)
- Podcast 111: A look back on the year’s most clinically important developments. (3)
- Podcast 186: Stop supplementing calcium! (3)
- Podcast 160: The Marathon bombing — lessons learned (2)
- Is a Structured Rehabilitation Program Useful After Ankle Fracture?
- An Unforeseen Complication of the New Hepatitis C Drugs
- What's the Prognosis When Asymptomatic Carotid Stenosis Progresses to Occlusion?
- Microbial Gut Dysbiosis in Early Infancy Is Associated with Asthma Later in Life
- The Artificial β Cell in Type 1 Diabetes
Physician's First WatchToday's breaking medical news
- 2009 H1N1 acute coronary syndromes antidepressants aspirin asthma breast cancer cancer risk cardiovascular disease Cardiovascular risk clopidogrel COPD coronary heart disease dabigatran dementia depression diabetes Diabetes type 2 diet Elderly Emergency medicine falls FDA glucose guidelines H1N1 Heart failure hypertension influenza pain Patient care patients PPI pregnancy Prostate cancer proton pump inhibitors Quality of care risk rosiglitazone screening smoking statins stents stroke vaccination warfarin