Specialties & Topics
- Arthritis/Rheumatic Disease
- Breast Cancer
- GERD/Peptic Ulcers
October 18th, 2012
Podcast 158: Physician-assisted dying — a conversation with Dr. Marcia Angell about the Massachusetts ‘Death with Dignity’ ballot question
Our conversation explores the question that Dr. Marcia Angell poses in a recent essay in the New York Review of Books: May doctors help you to die?
Angell’s is the first name to appear as the sponsor of a November 6 ballot initiative here in Massachusetts, which is modeled on the Oregon law already in place.
I’d expect there to be some disagreement with her arguments, and you’re welcome to leave some feedback at 617-440-4374. I’d like to include them as part of the next podcast.
Here are some links:
Leave a Reply
About the Podcast
To have your comment included in a future podcast, call 617-440-4374. Please leave your name, number, and the podcast ID number.
- Explaining the Decline in Coronary Heart Disease Mortality in Scotland
- Warfarin in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation and Chronic Kidney Disease
- Smoking Cessation Is Associated with Improvements in Mental Health
- Screening for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms (FREE)
- Benzodiazepines and Opioids for Breathlessness Caused by Severe Lung Disease
Physician's First WatchToday's breaking medical news