Specialties & Topics
- Arthritis/Rheumatic Disease
- Breast Cancer
- GERD/Peptic Ulcers
October 18th, 2012
Podcast 158: Physician-assisted dying — a conversation with Dr. Marcia Angell about the Massachusetts ‘Death with Dignity’ ballot question
(7 votes, average: 3.43 out of 5)
Our conversation explores the question that Dr. Marcia Angell poses in a recent essay in the New York Review of Books: May doctors help you to die?
Angell’s is the first name to appear as the sponsor of a November 6 ballot initiative here in Massachusetts, which is modeled on the Oregon law already in place.
I’d expect there to be some disagreement with her arguments, and you’re welcome to leave some feedback at 617-440-4374. I’d like to include them as part of the next podcast.
Here are some links:
About the Podcast
To have your comment included in a future podcast, call 617-440-4374. Please leave your name, number, and the podcast ID number.
- Podcast 126: Placebos and Medical ‘Meaning’ (4)
- Podcast 199: Rethinking what medical journals do (3)
- Podcast 149: High levels of white rice consumption seem linked to higher risks for type 2 diabetes (3)
- Podcast 111: A look back on the year’s most clinically important developments. (3)
- Podcast 186: Stop supplementing calcium! (3)
- BMD Changes During Osteoporosis Therapy Are Associated with Changes in Fracture Risk (FREE)
- Remarkable Prevention of Mortality from Sepsis in Mice
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation Improves Symptoms and Signs in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Prolonged Dual Antiplatelet Therapy After Myocardial Infarction
- No Excess Risk for Lung Disease in Leflunomide-Treated Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis
Physician's First WatchToday's breaking medical news
- 2009 H1N1 acute coronary syndromes antidepressants aspirin asthma breast cancer cancer risk cardiovascular disease Cardiovascular risk clopidogrel COPD coronary heart disease dabigatran dementia depression diabetes Diabetes type 2 diet Elderly Emergency medicine falls FDA glucose guidelines H1N1 Heart failure hemoglobin A1c hypertension influenza pain Patient care patients PPI pregnancy Prostate cancer proton pump inhibitors PSA risk rosiglitazone screening smoking stents stroke vaccination warfarin